Monday 11 February 2013

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - John Boyne by Lucy Golding 8MA



 I read this book because it made me feel how lucky we are to have a good life and not to be forced to do things like Bruno and his Jewish friend had to do in their life time .

The main character in The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is Bruno because he does more things than anyone else .
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is about Bruno being far far away from his three best friends and staying in a place he doesn't like.

This is a very heartbreaking and heart-warming book. This story is set in Auschwitz . 

My favourite part in this book is when Bruno and the Jewish boy make up and stay friends . But it's very sad when they get gassed by the Nazis and the Bruno gets killed by his father's own men.

I never expected this to happen .

My overall feeling about the book is sad but I was happy that they were friends and they took lots of care for each other.
 
I would recommend this book to kids but mostly adults .

No comments:

Post a Comment