Monday 25 February 2013

'The Ghost Box' Catherine Fisher By Sawaira Waqas 7PC

My older brother got a book from school called 'the ghost box'. After he had read the whole book, he told me to read it as he said it was really great. I read the blurb first. This gave me an overview of what happens in the story. then after I had read the first two pages, I kept on reading on until the story finished. it was fantastic and I give it a 10/10!
  
 A girl called Sarah lived with her mum alone. Her mum then married a man called Gareth who already had a son called Matt. Sarah did not get well with Matt. But one day, she had a dream of a box. in the dream, she saw that birds flew out of the box and trees grew in the box. When she woke up, she found a box that looked exactly like the box in her dream. It was a silver box but it was locked. Something rattled inside when Sarah shook the box.
   
The next day, Sarah finds a ghost who was killed by a man. He said that his should was locked in the box. 'get me the key.' said the ghost. So Sarah went to the keys' shop and asked the man if he had a key that fitted the silver box. But the man said, 'I believe this box contains great danger. I would not open it if I were you.' But Sarah did not accept. She went home with the silver box, angrily.
      
She tried to find the key for days and for days, ghost annoyed her. Then one day, she got the key but Sarah found Matt and the man from the key's shop in her room. The man said that the ghost was hiding something. The secret was that if Sarah would have opened the box, her soul would have got trapped in the box. Then the ghost told her. But there was one way. If only Matt and Sarah turned the key together to open the box. The man told them this. Matt accepted and so did Sarah. they turned the key together and the box opened.There was an acorn in there. then the ghost vanished saying, 'thank you Sarah!'. And he vanished.
     
Then the man told Sarah to plant the acorn. And Sarah did.

No comments:

Post a Comment