Friday 9 November 2012

Eragon By Christopher Paolini - Kieran Stent 7MX



The name of the book that I am reviewing is Eragon by Christopher Paolini. I wanted to read it because the cover caught my eye so I looked at the blurb, which was really good, and decided I wanted to read it.

The main character is a hard-working farm boy in his teens, who lives with his Uncle Garrow and Cousin Roran. His whole life turns around when he finds a light, blue, smooth stone in the forest, which turns out to be a dragon egg.

It is set in the past and is about a boy who finds a dragon egg which hatches for him, and trains the dragon he names Saphira in the forest. He learns that he is a rider, which is an elf or human who can use magic and ride a dragon. He has to go to a town called the Varden if he wants to be safe. It is a fantasy/adventure/action book with a lot of suspense.

My favourite part was the battle near the end and when he was training his dragon and had to leave. I found the battle exciting because it had suspense and action while I found the part where he had to leave good because it was fun + funny then it suddenly changed to sad.

Overall, I think it is a great book with a lot of action and suspense. I think it should be 10+ and I would definitely recommend it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment