Friday 9 November 2012

My Sister Jodie by Jacqueline Wilson - Chloe Young



 My book is called My Sister Jodie by Jacqueline Wilson. I wanted to read this book because the front cover was bright and in the synopses it sounded extremely interesting.              

 The main characters are Pearl and Jodie they are sister but have very different personalities but they both have very different personalities but both feel very different about the situation they are in. Pearl is much shyer but overcomes the problems whereas for Jodie even though she is the oldest she finds the problems much harder.     My book is about the change which is moving .Jodie was very tough back at her old school but now she tries to prove to the little kids there is nothing to be frightened of and something extraordinary happens.                                                                                                                  
It’s set in an old house that a couple changed into a boarding school. Throughout the story, there is mixed emotions mainly happiness but at the end everyone is sad .the genre is fantasy and some of it is romance.

 My favourite part is when Jodie and Pearl are up in the tower but they are not allowed to be up there and they don’t get found out. They discover many different objects and some are unusual and old fashion.

Overall, I loved the book I think it is a great book but should be for 10+ .I would recommend it because there are times where it is really adventurous but sad. When the sisters are having fun exploring you can tell when they are scared as well as what’s going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment