Friday 9 November 2012

The Kick Off By Dan Freedman - Jools Freeman Y7



I first caught sight of this fantastic book when the author came to my school and read a piece of the book, and as soon as I heard the book I got so interested in it and I bought the first 2 books of the series right then.

The two main characters are Jamie Johnson a 11 year old boy who is keen to become a professional footballer for his beloved team “Hawkstone”. The other main character is Jack Marshell (Jacqueline ) Marshell, Jamie’s best friend, Who has also got a dream to do with football, she wants to become a professional.

The story is about a young boy Jamie trying to full fill his dream of becoming a footballer all while the bully Dillon Simonds is making his life a misery!

I personally think this book is great for all age children above the age of 8-14.I would recommend this book to anyone who likes football and I would also recommend the 5 other books in this series, Shoot to win, Golden Goal, Man of the Match, World class and the Final Whistle!                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment