Friday 9 November 2012

‘My Hairiest Adventure’ by R.L Stine - Rebecca Woodall Y7



The name of the book that I am going to review is ‘My Hairiest Adventure’, (a Goosebumps book by R.L Stine). As soon as I read the blurb, I wanted to read this magnificent book.

The main character of this book is Larry. He is a young boy who goes to High school and when he gets really embarrassed, he turns bright red. Something strange happens to Larry after he covers his body with INSTA-TAN lotion. It’s his ‘hairiest adventure’.

The story is set in a small town; the main characters live in little houses by the woods. It is full of emotions and has a scary theme.

My favourite part of the amazing story, so far, is the part where the mysterious hair first appears. I found the book exciting because it didn’t give it away as soon as he found the hair; this creates tension.

I have enjoyed reading the book so far and can’t wait to finish it. I learnt how the writer creates tension. I would recommend this fabulous book to children over 8 years of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment