Friday 9 November 2012

The Borribles Written by Michael De Larrabeiti Review by Holly Sturton (Y7)



My book review is going to be on the Borribles by Michael De Larrabeiti. I decided to read this book because the blurb was very unrevealing so I found this intriguing. 

The Borribles are creatures that look like children but can be easily fooled by a human eye. They don’t grow once they have changed into Borribles and they steal and live in abandoned houses for a living. These Borribles have been sent to eliminate the 8 high Rumble command to stop the Rumbles of Rumbledon (Wimbledon) entering their turf. 

It’s set in London and mentions places like Battersea, Brixton and nearest to us: Wimbledon (Rumbledon). It’s a very action orientated book and would come under the genre of fantasy and action/adventure. 

To me, the most exciting part of the story is when Knocker and Lightfinger catch the Rumble, Timbucktoo, in Battersea Park. This starts up the Great Rumble Hunt, possibly the most exciting adventure ever! It was a great start to the story and kept me reading right to the end.

I would say this book is mostly likely for 11 and up due to some language and moderate violence. I definitely would recommend reading ‘The Borribles’ because I thoroughly enjoyed reading it all the way through. A great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment