Friday 9 November 2012

Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman - Leah Parker Y7



The book I have recently read and would love to recommend is called Noughts & Crosses. I chose to read this amazing book because it is full of drama and constantly builds up tension.

In Noughts & Crosses there are two main characters by the names of Callum and Sephy. They are both great friends, however, Callum is a Noughts and Sephy is a Cross. Meaning they come from two different worlds, can they stay friends?

The story is simply about Sephy and Callum trying to let people know that Noughts & Crosses can live happily together. Although everyone is against them, they are determined to be together. Noughts are very poor and will do anything to earn money, while the lucky Crosses are wealthy and take advantage of everything. The genre of this book is drama because of how much they go through to be friends.

My favourite part of the book is when the bomb explodes leaving many injured and hurt. This part of the book is tense and the description of the scenery is magnificent. I did not expect it to happen as it gave no clue about a bomb exploding.

I would definitely recommend this book because it is adventurous and dramatic. I would suggest the age group is 11 and up, and I would recommend this fantastic book any day. And you’re in luck; Noughts & Crosses is a trilogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment